Welcome to the KMET 1490-AM Contest Rules Page!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. GIVEAWAYS ARE SUBJECT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND BY ENTERING, EACH ENTRANT UNCONDITIONALLY AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
1. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: KMET1490am.com giveaways (“Giveaways”) are offered from time to time. Please see each individual giveaway for applicable dates/times. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for Giveaways.
2. ELIGIBILITY: GIVEAWAYS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING RHODE ISLAND AND PUERTO RICO) WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER (EXCEPT RESIDENTS OF ALABAMA AND NEBRASKA WHO MUST BE 19 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER) ON THE DATE OF ENTRY. Employees and directors of KMET1490am.com and its affiliates ("Sponsor"), participating prize provider(s), their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and their advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of the households of such employees and directors (whether or not related) are not eligible. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Please see applicable Giveaway.
4. Entrants must be the registered subscriber of the Facebook account from which the entry is made. Giveaways are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to KMET1490am.com and not to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Facebook method(s) of entering Giveaways must be addressed to KMET1490am.com and not to Facebook. Only one entry allowed per email address. You need enter only once by accessing the KMET1490am.com Fan Page and following the Giveaway directions. Any other attempt at Internet or email entry is void.
If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Giveaway, or if a computer virus, bug, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties, or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Giveaway, and/or the Giveaway is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to void any entries submitted fraudulently, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway, and conduct a random drawing to select the prize winners from all non-suspect entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. If the Giveaway is cancelled, modified, suspended or terminated, notice will be posted on the KMET1490am.com Fan Page. Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent entries to the fullest extent of the law.
No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, or misdirected entries; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or technical failures, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
5. LIMIT: Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Facebook account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple or different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will void that person’s entries and that person may be disqualified. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to disqualify any entry, in its sole discretion, that appears to have been generated by a so-called “spam” or automated email program or via scripts and automated submission.
6. PRIZE(S): Please see applicable Giveaway. Entries and prizes are non-transferable. Prize(s) will be awarded if the number of eligible entries received equals or exceeds the number of prize(s). Prizes may not be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value or cash value for any prize. Prizes are mailed out and not replaced if lost in the mail.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period (but in no event may an entrant have more than one entry). Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one prize. Void where prohibited by law.
8. WINNER SELECTION: When and how winners are selected may vary. For more information, please see applicable Giveaway.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winner's names will be posted on the KMET1490am.com Fan Page after each drawing. Giveaway winner(s) may be sent an email notifying them that they were selected as a Prize winner and will have 30 days to respond in order to claim their prize. Winners may also be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release within 10 business days of receipt.
All federal, state and local taxes on the prize(s) are the sole responsibility of each winner. All other costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the winner. All winners of prizes valued at $600.00 or more must complete a Form 1099 before receiving their prize. If the Form 1099 is not signed, the winner forfeits the applicable prize. Prizes will be sent within 30 days of receipt of completed documentation as required. Failure to return documents timely, or if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, disqualification will result. By accepting prize, where permitted by law, winners grant to Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to Sponsor's authority (and agree to confirm said grant in writing) the right to use and publish his/her name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and Giveaway purposes without additional consideration, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without notification, review or approval. Said grant includes tagging winner’s name/Facebook profile. Further, participants release and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Giveaway related activity, or participation in the Giveaway. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or Web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the Web site, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using any such method. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same account, the authorized holder of the account used to enter the Giveaway at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, tampering or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Web site. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Giveaway or downloading or copying materials from or use of the Web site. If, for any reason, the Giveaway or a drawing is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway, or drawings, and select the winner(s) for the Giveaway, or for such drawings, from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. ENTRANTS AND PARTICIPANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, ITS ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DEATH), ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY GIVEAWAY-RELATED ACTIVITY OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITY OTHERWISE RELATED TO, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE GIVEAWAY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE KMET1490am.com FAN PAGE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THESE SITES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prize(s) or continuing with the Giveaway as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g., SARS, Swine Flu), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Giveaway.
Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Giveaway but in no event attorneys' fees; and under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
11. CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Dade County, FL.
12. WINNERS LIST: Winner(s) names will be posted on the KMET1490am.com Fan Page.
© 2016 KMET1490am.com All rights reserved. All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.